- This clinic has passed.
2019 One Day Learn By Doing in Baltimore, MD
April 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$119
Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am
Lectures: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Lunch on your own: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Hands-On Sessions: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
ALWYN COSGROVE, CSCS
• Owner of Results Fitness, a complete fitness programming and consulting service
• Founder of ResultsFitnessUniversity.com
• One of the Country’s most sought-after fitness professionals
• Author of New Rules of Lifting, New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong as well as numerous articles and publications
• Consultant for Rodale Publications and Men’s Health magazine
Unlocking Fat Loss: Training Strategies for the Body Composition Client
Obesity is at an all-time high. Over 70% of the US population is overweight and about 40% of those individuals are considered obese. So, it’s not surprising that fat loss is the number one reason why most people join a gym — or hire a trainer. It’s clear as coaches we need to do a better job in helping people lose weight and keep it off. Unfortunately, most training certifications don’t teach program design strategies for fat loss. In this session, Alwyn will detail what the science and research tell us about fat loss. In the hands-on you’ll experience the real-world protocols that are proven to deliver fat loss results for your clients.
JOSH HENKIN, CSCS
• CEO, Innovative Fitness Solutions, LLC
• Creator of the Dynamic Variable Resistance Training System (DVRT) and Ultimate Sandbag
• Developer of US Army Special Forces Recruiting Battalion Fitness Preparation Program
• International Educator in over 13 Countries Worldwide
The Odd Couple: The Relationship Between Strength & Mobility
As fitness professionals and coaches, we often think that better movement is accomplished primarily through stretching, foam rolling and mobility exercises. The reality is that strength can also play a major role in opening up our mobility potential. In this session, Josh shares the strategies and techniques that can accelerate the mobility of clients, while simultaneously improving their functional strength.
GRAY COOK, MSPT, OCS, CSCS
• Lectures nationally and internationally in the fields of physical therapy, sports medicine and performance enhancement
• Consultant for many universities and pro sports teams in all four major sports
• Co-Founder of the Functional Movement Systems
• Practices physical therapy in Virginia and continues to publish in all areas relating to rehab and exercise
Changing Movement: Why Some Correctives Work and Others Don’t
Changing movement isn’t about sets, reps or body parts. It’s about understanding why movement is “broken” in the first place and knowing what stimulus movement patterns need to “heal” themselves. As fitness professionals, we often make the paths to those changes more complex than they need to be. This results in inefficient, ineffective programs that are nearly impossible to explain to clients. In this session, Gray will discuss the plasticity of the neurological system, its feedback and how we can use its desired sequence of actions to quickly change movement. Whether your focus is on health, fitness or performance development, this session will help you identify the best ways to convert what you learn from movement screening into real results that will impress you and your clients.
Perform Better’s Learn-by-Doing Seminars are designed to provide trainers, coaches and therapists with a hands-on learning experience with some of the top professionals in the industry – at a price that is very affordable.
The top-notch presenters at the Perform Better Seminars include many of the most respected names in the field. (Presenters vary depending on location)
There will be 3 presenters at each location. The seminar will be divided into two sessions, morning and afternoon. During the morning sessions each presenter will give a 60 minute lecture on their topic. After the break for lunch, the afternoon sessions will begin. Each presenter will direct a corresponding learn-by-doing station. Attendees will be divided into smaller groups and rotate to each station.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 14 days prior to the event.