- This clinic has passed.
2019 One Day Learn By Doing in Boston, MA
March 16 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$119
Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am
Lectures: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Lunch on your own: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Hands-On Sessions: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
SUE FALSONE, PT, MS, SCS, ATC, CSCS, COMT, RYT
• Owner / Founder of Structure and Function Education
• Associate Professor, Athletic Training, A.T. Still University
• Former Head Athletic Trainer, LA Dodgers and US Men’s National Soccer Team
• Former Vice President of Athletes’ Performance (EXOS)
• Currently consults with professional athletes and professional teams
• Author: Bridging the Gap from Rehab to Performance
The Nervous System: What Do You Really Need to Know?
Everyone seems to be talking about the nervous system and how it relates to movement and training. But what do you really need to know as a strength coach or personal trainer? How does the nervous system relate to getting bigger, faster and stronger? In the session, Sue shares the strategies and techniques for looking beyond biomechanics and the musculoskeletal system to consider how neurological influences may be impacting your clients or athletes.
MARTIN ROONEY, MHS, PT, CSCS
• Founder of Training For Warriors, with over 300 affiliate locations in 28 countries
• Certified over 4,000 trainers worldwide in the Training For Warriors Certification
• Best Selling Author of Warrior Cardio, Training for Warriors, Train to Win, and Ultimate Warrior Workouts
• Consultant to numerous Professional Sport Teams, Division I Universities, Fortune 500 companies and Military Organizations
How to Create a Winning Culture
Have you been “grinding” in a gym with your clients and wondering why you aren’t as successful as some other fitness pros? That’s because today your biggest competitive advantage isn’t providing a cool workout or your fitness knowledge. It’s your culture! After helping hundreds of gyms around the world build contagious cultures, Martin shares his secrets on how to develop an environment that not only reignites your business, but rekindles your fire for fitness, too. In this motivational hands-on session you’ll learn to how to create a magnetic team-like atmosphere.
MICHAEL BOYLE, MA, ATC
• Former Strength and Conditioning Consultant for the Boston Red Sox
• Co-owner and content editor for strengthcoach.com
• Former Strength and Conditioning Coach with the US Gold Medal Olympic Teams in Womens’s Soccer and Women’s Hockey
•Currently owns and operates Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
Current Concepts in Core Training
Most fitness professionals know that “breathing” and “core” are important concepts, but few of us know exactly what we should be doing with our clients and how it all fits into program design. In this session, Mike will focus on helping us understand and incorporate the latest thinking (e.g., McGill exercises, PRI, etc.) into our training. Learn how these new ideas can be used as simple exercises for healthy clients or rehab strategies for those with problems. The hands-on section will focus on step-by-step techniques for putting these methods into practice.
Perform Better’s Learn-by-Doing Seminars are designed to provide trainers, coaches and therapists with a hands-on learning experience with some of the top professionals in the industry – at a price that is very affordable.
The top-notch presenters at the Perform Better Seminars include many of the most respected names in the field. (Presenters vary depending on location)
There will be 3 presenters at each location. The seminar will be divided into two sessions, morning and afternoon. During the morning sessions each presenter will give a 60 minute lecture on their topic. After the break for lunch, the afternoon sessions will begin. Each presenter will direct a corresponding learn-by-doing station. Attendees will be divided into smaller groups and rotate to each station.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 14 days prior to the event.