- This clinic has passed.
2019 One Day Learn by Doing in Los Angeles, CA
February 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$159
Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am
Lectures: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Lunch on your own: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Hands-On Sessions: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
GREG ROSE, DC
• Co-Founder of the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) in Oceanside, CA
• Partner in Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
• Founder of RacquetFit – Tennis Certification for Medical and Fitness Professionals Through USPTA
• Founder of OnBase University – Baseball/Softball Certification for Medical and Fitness Professionals
• Former Host of the Golf Fitness Academy sponsored by Titleist seen on the Golf Channel
Breaking Through Mobility Barriers
Mobility barriers are one of the biggest challenges we face in helping our clients move or function better. Far too often mobility issues obstruct fitness and performance goals, frustrating both the client and the trainer. In this session, Greg shares the science and techniques that unlock mobility so clients and athletes can achieve the results they want. The focus will be on the needs of “rotary athletes” (i.e., golf, tennis, baseball, etc.), but these strategies can be applied to anyone looking to improve the overall mobility of their clients.
ALWYN COSGROVE, CSCS
• Owner of Results Fitness, a complete fitness programming and consulting service
• Founder of ResultsFitnessUniversity.com
• One of the Country’s most sought-after fitness professionals
• Author of New Rules of Lifting, New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong as well as numerous articles and publications
• Consultant for Rodale Publications and Men’s Health magazine
Unlocking Fat Loss: Training Strategies for the Body Composition Client
Obesity is at an all-time high. Over 70% of the US population is overweight and about 40% of those individuals are considered obese. So, it’s not surprising that fat loss is the number one reason why most people join a gym — or hire a trainer. It’s clear as coaches we need to do a better job in helping people lose weight and keep it off. Unfortunately, most training certifications don’t teach program design strategies for fat loss. In this session, Alwyn will detail what the science and research tell us about fat loss. In the hands-on you’ll experience the real-world protocols that are proven to deliver fat loss results for your clients.
MARTIN ROONEY, MHS, PT, CSCS
• Founder of Training For Warriors, with over 300 affiliate locations in 28 countries
• Certified over 4,000 trainers worldwide in the Training For Warriors Certification
• Best Selling Author of Warrior Cardio, Training for Warriors, Train to Win, and Ultimate Warrior Workouts
• Consultant to numerous Professional Sport Teams, Division I Universities, Fortune 500 companies and Military Organizations
How to Create a Winning Culture
Have you been “grinding” in a gym with your clients and wondering why you aren’t as successful as some other fitness pros? That’s because today your biggest competitive advantage isn’t providing a cool workout or your fitness knowledge. It’s your culture! After helping hundreds of gyms around the world build contagious cultures, Martin shares his secrets on how to develop an environment that not only reignites your business, but rekindles your fire for fitness, too. In this motivational hands-on session you’ll learn to how to create a magnetic team-like atmosphere.
Perform Better’s Learn-by-Doing Seminars are designed to provide trainers, coaches and therapists with a hands-on learning experience with some of the top professionals in the industry – at a price that is very affordable.
The top-notch presenters at the Perform Better Seminars include many of the most respected names in the field. (Presenters vary depending on location)
There will be 3 presenters at each location. The seminar will be divided into two sessions, morning and afternoon. During the morning sessions each presenter will give a 60 minute lecture on their topic. After the break for lunch, the afternoon sessions will begin. Each presenter will direct a corresponding learn-by-doing station. Attendees will be divided into smaller groups and rotate to each station.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 14 days prior to the event.