- This clinic has passed.
2019 One Day Learn by Doing in San Francisco, CA
January 19 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$159
Registration: 7:00am – 8:00am
Lectures: 8:00am – 12:30pm
Lunch on your own: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Hands-On Sessions: 1:30pm – 4:00pm
PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
DANA SANTAS, CSCS, E-RYT
• Mobility, Breathing & Mind/Body Coach AKA “Mobility Maker” for pro sports teams and athletes in MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA & PGA
• Mobility Consultant to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
• Author of the Book “Practical Solutions for Back Pain Relief”
• Exclusive Yoga Expert for CNN
• Regularly featured in media worldwide, including Sports Illustrated, ESPN Radio, Men’s Health, Self Magazine, Prevention, Shape, Oxygen, and more.
Change Your Breathing, Change Your Game
Breathing is a hot topic these days, but not everyone understands how to unlock and harness its game-changing power. In this session, you’ll learn how breathing impacts posture, mobility, stability, strength, stress, recovery and more. During the hands-on, Dana will share simple, accessible breathing exercises that you can easily implement with your clients and athletes to enhance virtually every aspect of performance.
TODD DURKIN, MA, CSCS, NCTMB
• Founder of Fitness Quest 10 (San Diego, CA)
• Lead Training Advisor, Under Armour
• Top 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
• Conducts Mastermind Groups for fitness professionals desiring business, training, and personal mastery
5 Ways to Reinvent Your Business, Brand, and Self…NOW!
Are you ready for a major uptick in business? Do you want to achieve even more success as a trainer, coach, and entrepreneur? If you were to “reinvent” your brand and business to catapult to a new level, what changes do you need to make? So, what is holding you back? In his lecture, Todd will share the 5 things you can do now to amp-up your time, energy, and money freedom to achieve even more success in all that you do. In the hands-on session, you will experience the “yin” side of his highly-successful methodology for the first time, including mindfulness, meditation, visualization, stretching, fascial lengthening, and breathwork. He will blend these techniques with his legendary “yang” energy to show how these often-neglected aspects of training can create even greater impact and maximize results for your athletes and clients.
MICHAEL BOYLE, MA, ATC
• Former Strength and Conditioning Consultant for the Boston Red Sox
• Co-owner and content editor for strengthcoach.com
• Former Strength and Conditioning Coach with the US Gold Medal Olympic Teams in Womens’s Soccer and Women’s Hockey
•Currently owns and operates Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
Current Concepts in Core Training
Most fitness professionals know that “breathing” and “core” are important concepts, but few of us know exactly what we should be doing with our clients and how it all fits into program design. In this session, Mike will focus on helping us understand and incorporate the latest thinking (e.g., McGill exercises, PRI, etc.) into our training. Learn how these new ideas can be used as simple exercises for healthy clients or rehab strategies for those with problems. The hands-on section will focus on step-by-step techniques for putting these methods into practice.
Perform Better’s Learn-by-Doing Seminars are designed to provide trainers, coaches and therapists with a hands-on learning experience with some of the top professionals in the industry – at a price that is very affordable.
The top-notch presenters at the Perform Better Seminars include many of the most respected names in the field. (Presenters vary depending on location)
There will be 3 presenters at each location. The seminar will be divided into two sessions, morning and afternoon. During the morning sessions each presenter will give a 60 minute lecture on their topic. After the break for lunch, the afternoon sessions will begin. Each presenter will direct a corresponding learn-by-doing station. Attendees will be divided into smaller groups and rotate to each station.
Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Coaches & anyone interested in learning more about the latest concepts in Functional Training and Rehabilitation.
A full refund can be issued if cancelled 14 days prior to the event.