- This clinic has passed.
EAT, LIFT, BUILD: Nutrition Strategies for the Strength Athlete
April 20, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm$35 – $120
The New England Chapter of the American College of Sport Medicine (NEACSM) in collaboration with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), proudly presents EAT, LIFT, BUILD: Nutrition Strategies for the Strength Athlete.
Learn from nationally and internationally recognized researchers, content experts and medical professionals as they present and discuss various nutritional strategies and their practical application for strength athletes. The curriculum is developed to appeal to NEACSM and NSCA members as well as any student or professional who practices in exercise science, nutrition, strength and conditioning, and other allied health fields.
1. Understand how protein supports muscle health in strength athletes across the life-span.
2. Understand the effectiveness, mechanisms of action, strategies for use and safety of numerous sport supplements for increasing muscle mass and decreasing body fat.
3. Be able to delineate myths versus scientific evidence of creatine supplementation for increasing muscle mass and strength in athletes.
4. Identify the key nutrients needed to be ingested before, during and after resistance training and understand the strategy of nutrient timing to maximize performance and adaptations resulting from strength training and
5. Recognize the nutrition strategies and understand the unique factors that are implemented by sport dietitians for college and professional level strength athletes.