- This clinic has passed.
South Carolina State Clinic
September 12, 2020 @ 7:15 am - 4:25 pm$30 – $145
The NSCA wants to assure you that your health, safety and well-being is our highest priority. We have determined it best to change the format to a virtual event via Zoom. We will notify you by e-mail with more details. Please visit the link below for Zoom Instructions
Joni Boyd, PhD, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT
Event Itinerary – Saturday, September 12 – Eastern Time Zone
7:15 AM – 7:45 AM
7:45 AM – 7:55 AM
8:00 AM – 8:55 AM
by Molly Binetti, MEd, CSCS, RSCC
-Application of passion
9:00 AM – 9:55 AM
How Strong is Strong Enough?
by Chris Sole, PhD, CSCS,*D
Following this session attendees will be able to:
– Identify the importance of strength in athletic performance as well as its role in the development of related fitness characteristics (e.g. power).
– Discuss programing and planning challenges related to strength development in modern-day athletics.
– Identify key factors in determining an athlete’s optimal level strength.
10:00 AM – 10:55 AM
Impact of Energy Balance and Protein Timing on Body Composition
by Ashley Licata, PhD, CSSD
Understand the relationship between energy balace and body composition
Understand the relationship between protein timing and body composition
Understand how to use energy balance and protein intake to optimize body composition
11:00 AM – 11:55 AM
Practical Application of VBT with APRE
by Mike Bewley, MA, CSCS,*D
By attending this presentation, you will learn how Velocity Based Training (VBT) uses velocity as a tool to gauge your athlete’s weight training days and how to regulate training loads (APRE) using velocity feedback.
11:55 AM – 12:25 PM
12:30 PM – 1:25 PM
Starting a Football Strength & Conditioning Program from Scratch: Lessons Learned
by Kerry Thompson, MS, CSCS,*D
– Creating the weight room, assessing space, and getting tools needed to be successful in your programming.
– Determining the right programming for quality of athletes.
– Establishing nutrition guidelines for athletes through the cafeteria and program, travel, and in-game.
– Addressing deficiencies within the program.
– Creating a Culture of success.
– Creating a legacy.
1:30 PM – 2:25 PM
Fitness Testing and Monitoring – Methodology Not Technology
by Chris Bellon, PhD, CSCS, TSAC-F
At the conclusion of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
– Summarize rationales for implementing a longitudinal and systematic performance monitoring program for all tactical athletes.
– Identify critical components that must be included in any monitoring programs.
– Design a robust scalable performance monitoring framework capable of adapting to varying resources and constraints (e.g. time, budget, and logistics).
2:30 PM – 3:25 PM
Mental Health First Aid: Education for Strength Coaches
by Martha Rivera, EdD
The participant will be able to:
– Describe signs/symptoms of mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety
– Compare different mental health education and intervention programs
– Relate mental health education program goals with current clinical practice
3:30 PM – 4:25 PM
Practical Training Application for High School Basketball
by Eric Cash, EdD
-In Season Training